4G Mobile Transmitter – transforming broadcasting
As used by the BBC for the Olympic Torch relay coverage and countless broadcasters around the world. We’ve been one of the pioneers in this for many years.
We’ve used them outdoors all over the UK and Europe and the middle east, inside stadiums and concert halls, even in Leicester Cathedral when Channel 4 covered King Richard III: the Reburial. We live streamed it for 3 days.
We’re using this for both video and audio feeds and recently we used it for BBC Radio 5live Sports Extra to broadcast an international event from inside Wembley Arena – the system performed flawlessly for 2 x 2 hour shows. We also have clients who use the systems for live streams inside banks in the center of London. Sky News have decoders in their MCR as do BBC News and BBC Sport, and we have live streamed events to the BBC website using this directly instead of using a satellite uplink.
We’ve used them for conferences, press launches, news, exhibitions, music gigs and of course sports events!
We offer packages from full ‘end-to-end’ as a service with operators and streaming, to simple daily dry hire and sales. Our clients including production companies, specialist web enterprises who have been using this system to stream from conferences without the need for expensive ISDN or landline installations, and for radio broadcasts too.
Ideal for TV and streaming production companies, event organisers, news broadcasters, press conferences, corporate events and more needing live or store & forward broadcasting.
The Wireless Multiplex Transmitter Agile (WMT) unit bundles 8 x 4G mobile channels from multiple network operators
(e.g. Vodafone, Orange, EE, 3 etc) into one signal for up-linking video and high volume files. Typical signal capacity is between 800 – 12000 kbps (12Mb) for live High Definition quality images.
The system constantly selects the best quality signal from each of the 8 network cards to ensure the best continuous uplink signal. It is a totally portable system, with an extendable 2M antennae, transmitting live video &/or audio + images can be recorded on the unit and sent later (Store & Forward). It can be configured as a ‘One-to-One’ feed for transmission to a broadcast network MCR, or though 1080 Media’s own IT system.
It can be used as per the photo as a single ENG single camera transmission, or output from mixing desk or OB for live or delayed link via 4G or WiFi mobile networks. Flexible, space saving and inexpensive rates.
Formats and interfaces
- HD in 720p 50, 720p 60 and 720p 59.94; 1080 50i, 1080 60i, 59.94
- Audio encoding: AAC 96-128 kHz
- SD resolution in both Pal and NTSC mode
- XLR-3 IFB/Audio return
- 8 ‘shark tale’ 3dB gain standard Power Class 3, 0.25 Watt per HSPA connection
- H.264 main profile MVP codec
- SD; SD-SDI, SD-HDMI, composite + 2x analog audio balanced
- HD; HD-SDI, HD-HDMI
- Extremely portable, mobile backpack uplink system – can be used as ENG single operator, or take live output from OB vehicle or mixing desk
- Up to 12Mbs uplink capacity
- Fail over between different mobile networks
- Live or Store & Forward + High speed uplink for FTP
- High quality video transmission
- Continuously seeks the best possible mobile network for maximum output
- Different delay profiles (2, 5 and 10 seconds) which stay fixed
- Different HD & SD video resolutions
- Video preview of the encoded picture
- Touch screen with detailed network info and configuration options
- Local and remote (WEB-based) management for detailed configuration
For pricing & availability please contact:
1080 Media Organisation Ltd